Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Have you considered expanding your business by outsourcing work?
Thread poster: Daniela Zambrini
Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:01
Italian to English
In memoriam
A peak in Darien May 15, 2014

Daniela Zambrini wrote:

@Giles I learnt something new today! (Keats on
Chapman's Homer)

A lovely sonnet, isn't it?

It's also posted on the homepage of the UK Translators Association Yahoo message board.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: As requested by poster.
Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 20:01
English to Italian
+ ...
I did Jun 27, 2014

A few times it occurred, sent extra job to a colleague (she had sent me her extra work to me at a reduced rate before) and it worked extremely well.

However, i don't see this as a standard procedure. However i do am thinking to setup a team.

Daniel Lee Mimnagh
Daniel Lee Mimnagh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:01
French to English
+ ...
Difference between outsourcing and agency? Jul 8, 2014

Lukasz mentioned he would much rather run an agency in his own name than outsource work, but I'm a little confused as to what the difference is in terms of revenue. Aren't both a case of handing the work to someone else and paying them less than what the client is paying the agency/outsourcer?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have you considered expanding your business by outsourcing work?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »