Lost track changes after toggling Compare Versions view
Thread poster: Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
United States
English to German
+ ...
May 23

All changes I made in the revision step using track changes disappeared after I toggled between the regular view and the "Compare Versions - Against last inserted version" view.

I don't think there is a way to recover the track changes, the Undo option is not available. I can see the changes I made in the view "Against last Delivered Version" but I don't think I can export those, right?

I guess my question is, how do you use the Compare Versions views without running in
... See more
All changes I made in the revision step using track changes disappeared after I toggled between the regular view and the "Compare Versions - Against last inserted version" view.

I don't think there is a way to recover the track changes, the Undo option is not available. I can see the changes I made in the view "Against last Delivered Version" but I don't think I can export those, right?

I guess my question is, how do you use the Compare Versions views without running into issues with the track changes that you need to export?

Also, wondering if these bugs still present in the newest memoQ (mine is 9.9 still). Thanks!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:59
English to Russian
History/Reports May 23

You can try to restore your TC version with the above-referenced feature. Go to Project home, Translations, right-click your document and select 'History and reports'. Then try previous versions of your document.

Nadia Silva Castro

Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant! May 23

Stepan Konev wrote:

You can try to restore your TC version with the above-referenced feature. Go to Project home, Translations, right-click your document and select 'History and reports'. Then try previous versions of your document.

Thanks so much, I was actually able to revert to a version that still had the changes tracked! Learned something new, thanks!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost track changes after toggling Compare Versions view

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »