Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:54
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 6, 2009

Hi there,

do you know where I can find a list of short-cuts for word? In particular I am trying to find the equivalent of ALT-F3 for the capitalization of words (ever so handy)!!!

Thanks,

Andrea

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:54
German to Spanish
Shift + F3 Jun 6, 2009

Mark the text - Shift + F3. It works cyclic: no capitals, first letter capital, all capital, no capital, etc.

Regards

Fernando

Cetacea
Cetacea  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
Use the "Help" Menu Jun 6, 2009

Hi Andrea,

For a list of shortcuts in Word, go into Word's Help menu, look for "Printing a list of shortcuts" (or some similar phrase; I can't give you the exact wording as I'm using the German version), and simply follow the instructions.

By the way, the shortcut for capitalizing is "Shift + F3".

P.S: I'm using Office:mac 2004.

[Edited at 2009-06-06 13:28 GMT]

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:54
Portuguese to English
+ ...
She specified "Mac" Jun 6, 2009

There is no F3 on a Mac.

Cetacea
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
There is on mine! Jun 6, 2009

Amy Duncan wrote:

There is no F3 on a Mac.

Dear Amy,

I'm using both a Mac PowerBook and an iMac, and there are F keys on both of their keyboards, F1 to F12, to be exact. By the way, I'm mentioning in my post that I'm using Office for Mac 2004, which I would hardly be doing if I were working with a Windows machine...

Andrea Re
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"she" is a "he"::))) Jun 6, 2009

Cetacea wrote:

Amy Duncan wrote:

There is no F3 on a Mac.

Dear Amy,

I'm using both a Mac PowerBook and an iMac, and there are F keys on both of their keyboards, F1 to F12, to be exact. By the way, I'm mentioning in my post that I'm using Office for Mac 2004, which I would hardly be doing if I were working with a Windows machine...

Hi there,

I am using 2004 as well and I too have the F keys, only that when I press it I get all the windows on the desktop and if I press Shift+F3 I get the same result, but slowly:(

Andrea

PS

Where is the Word help? I go into "Help" when I am in word, but I get generic info in the mac, and not on word (in case you haven't guessed it yet, I am using a spanking new mac:)

[Modificato alle 2009-06-06 13:50 GMT]

Cetacea
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
I guessed it... ;-) Jun 6, 2009

Andrea Re wrote:
Where is the Word help? I go into "Help" when I am in word, but I get generic info in the mac, and not on word (in case you haven't guessed it yet, I am using a spanking new mac:)

Andrea,

When you're in Word, either hit the question mark to the right of the symbol bar, or go to the Help Menu and choose "Word Help". Both will bring up the Word Help window.

To the left of all the introductory info ("What's new", etc.), there should be a little box with a "Search" button, and above the box, it says something like "What are you looking for?" When you first go into Help, it says something like "Enter the text you're looking for" in that little box. Just delete that and type "shortcuts".

Now, all the generic stuff below "Welcome to Microsoft Word Help" will disappear, and Word should display a list of topics for you to choose from.

P.S. There is an alternative regarding capitalization: Command + Alt + C.

[Edited at 2009-06-06 14:05 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-06-06 14:15 GMT]

Andrea Re
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That works!!! Jun 6, 2009

Cetacea wrote:

Andrea Re wrote:

Andrea,

When you're in Word, either hit the question mark to the right of the symbol bar, or go to the Help Menu and choose "Word Help". Both will bring up the Word Help window.

To the left of all the introductory info ("What's new", etc.), there should be a little box with a "Search" button, and above the box, it says something like "What are you looking for?" When you first go into Help, it says something like "Enter the text you're looking for" in that little box. Just delete that and type "shortcuts".

Now, all the generic stuff below "Welcome to Microsoft Word Help" will disappear, and Word should display a list of topics for you to choose from.

P.S. There is an alternative regarding capitalization: Command + Alt + C.

That works a treat thanks.

Anyway I am still at a loss regarding the online help. I had done what you suggest and typed a series of key words, but nothing comes out. I wonder if I should get the installation disk out...

Andrea

[Edited at 2009-06-06 14:05 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-06-06 14:15 GMT]

[/quote]

Andrea Re
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mistery solved Jun 6, 2009

I think the problem is linked top the fact that I am using a smaller keyboard, so Shift F3 wouldn't work, but fn-Shift-F3 does... (and so does alt-cmd-c).

Andrea

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:54
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Not on mine Jun 8, 2009

Cetacea wrote:

Amy Duncan wrote:

There is no F3 on a Mac.

Dear Amy,

I'm using a MacBook OS X 10.5.6 and there are no F keys on it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word for MAC

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »