Marcos Zattar
Germany
Local time: 01:14
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 12, 2007

Hello,

my MS-Word seems to be stubborn and does not let me translate the "label" of the field "Revision" in the DOCPROPERTY group of fields.

Is it possible to translate this kind of field?

Here is how the field looks like:

{ DOCPROPERTY Revision \* MERGEFORMAT }

After pressing Alt+F9 to close the field again, the document shows "Revision", which I have to translate to "Revisão".

I even tried "Edit Field..
... See more
Hello,

my MS-Word seems to be stubborn and does not let me translate the "label" of the field "Revision" in the DOCPROPERTY group of fields.

Is it possible to translate this kind of field?

Here is how the field looks like:

{ DOCPROPERTY Revision \* MERGEFORMAT }

After pressing Alt+F9 to close the field again, the document shows "Revision", which I have to translate to "Revisão".

I even tried "Edit Field..." -> "Field Codes" and changed "Revision" to "Revisão", but after that Word indicates this error in the field:

Error! Unknown document property name

Did anyone have a problem like this before? Is it possible to fix it?

I would appreciate any help!

Kind regards,
Marcos
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Yes Nov 12, 2007

Files>properties>customisationclick whatever property in the properties zone and edit in the name box.
Philippe

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Nov 12, 2007

Thanks a lot, Philippe, it worked!

Now another problem: the text I am to proofread was produced in a German MS-Word, so that it generated some German titles, for example, "Abbildungsverzeichnis" in the TOC, which in my text should actually be "Índice de ilustrações". I looked (almost) everywhere in Word but could not find the place where I can configure the names of parts of styles. I think this has something to do with styles, but I can't seem to find it.

Can you he
... See more
Thanks a lot, Philippe, it worked!

Now another problem: the text I am to proofread was produced in a German MS-Word, so that it generated some German titles, for example, "Abbildungsverzeichnis" in the TOC, which in my text should actually be "Índice de ilustrações". I looked (almost) everywhere in Word but could not find the place where I can configure the names of parts of styles. I think this has something to do with styles, but I can't seem to find it.

Can you help me out of that?

Thanks again!

Regards,
Marcos
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Dunno Nov 13, 2007

I don't understand Portuguese or German.
Try Insert>Reference>tables and indices>Index tab>mark Entry button.
Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fields in MS-Word (DOCPROPERTY)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »