Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:30
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 19, 2007

Suddenly, when I want to save a file, the order of the folders and files in the selector window has changed from name to changed, so the folder and file last changed is at the bottom.
My overall Windows setting ist show by name, and only Word suddenly started to show it otherwise. I cannot find the place, where I can change this setting. Any idea?
Regards
Heinrich

[Bearbeitet am 2007-12-19 09:58]

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:30
English to Dutch
+ ...
Just a click will do Dec 19, 2007

If you have the selector window on screen, you'll see the various column headings (changed on, date, name). It does not look like it, but they are all buttons. Click on the one you want to sort by.
My version of Word has the selected column in a bluish color, to set it apart from the rest.

If this does not help, please tell which version of Word you are using.

Good luck,
Margreet

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Click on the column Dec 19, 2007

In case the "Details" view is selected in your Save As dialogue, simply click the header of the column you want to sort on. Repeated clicks on the same heading will switch between ascending and descending order.

HTH
Stefan

Radek Ptak
Radek Ptak
Local time: 00:30
English to Polish
Right Click? Dec 19, 2007

Hi,

Right click in some empty area of "Save As" dialog will bring you "Arrange icons by" option.

Radek

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:30
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh yes Dec 19, 2007

I must have clicked accidentally on one of these columns. Now its ok again.
Thanks!

Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
How to set the default? Dec 19, 2007

Does anyone know how to set the default sorting order?

I would like to have my clients folders in alphabetical order, but within them I would like to sort the files by last opened, without having to change it manually...

Anyone?

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
Settings Dec 19, 2007

In the Explorer window find Tools -> Folder Options -> select "View" Tab (or similar - I use Polish Windows XP - it's the 2nd tab).

Scroll down until you almost reach the end and make sure the "remember display settings for each folder" is selected.
Then sort the individual folders to your taste.

P.A.S.

another point of note - When you save a newly created file or create a new folder in Explorer, the file or folder initially appear at the bottom of th
... See more
In the Explorer window find Tools -> Folder Options -> select "View" Tab (or similar - I use Polish Windows XP - it's the 2nd tab).

Scroll down until you almost reach the end and make sure the "remember display settings for each folder" is selected.
Then sort the individual folders to your taste.

P.A.S.

another point of note - When you save a newly created file or create a new folder in Explorer, the file or folder initially appear at the bottom of the whole list, regardless of starting letter or size.
It jumps into its place only after you refresh the Explorer (F5) or after you perform some action within Explorer.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Order of folders when saving in Word

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »