Trados 5.5 : corrupted TM - what to do ?
Thread poster: __tom
__tom
__tom
English
Jan 17, 2005

hello

i'm working in trados 5.5 freelance, i have this quite large translation memory (over 90.000 units, 23MB) and somehow it got corrupted on the file import..

the file i was importing wasn't big so i chose 'small import file'. i also checked before importing (as always) if trados recommends a reorganization, it said 'soon' so as in hundreds of such cases before, i didn't worry about that. unfortunately the import wasn't successful.

now when i try to reo
... See more
hello

i'm working in trados 5.5 freelance, i have this quite large translation memory (over 90.000 units, 23MB) and somehow it got corrupted on the file import..

the file i was importing wasn't big so i chose 'small import file'. i also checked before importing (as always) if trados recommends a reorganization, it said 'soon' so as in hundreds of such cases before, i didn't worry about that. unfortunately the import wasn't successful.

now when i try to reorganize the TM, it only reaches the segment number 10417 (shows in the status bar), and while it still says 'analyzing', i can close it (while normally i can't). when i do 'maintenance' and reach that segment that causes the problem it displays the error message: 50050 - source segment is empty!

when i export the TM it only exports up to that segment, meaning that i get only 10k out of the total over 90k translation units..

is there any way to solve that ?
i'm completely hopeless..

thanks
Collapse

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:24
English to German
+ ...
Maybe you can filter out the corrupted segments? Jan 17, 2005

Applying the filter it should be possible to select only the old segments of the big TM. If this works, you could export and recover them.

__tom
__tom
English
TOPIC STARTER
yeah actually i didn't think of it... Jan 17, 2005

Harry_B wrote:
Applying the filter it should be possible to select only the old segments of the big TM. If this works, you could export and recover them.

but anyway i already overcame the problem - had all the import files stored elsewhere (about 200 .txt files), renamed them temporarily to .html, then glued them together with SDLX (otherwise i would have to click to death !!!), then renamed the glued .html file back to .txt and imported it into the new TM..

and that's it

thanks for the tip, i'll find the corrupted TM and try your method..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5 : corrupted TM - what to do ?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »