Off topic: Istraživanje za prevodioce (en-bs)
Thread poster: Tamara Butigan
Tamara Butigan
Tamara Butigan
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 14:37
English to Bosnian
Jun 7

Drage kolege,

ako imate 8-10 minuta i zanimljiva su vam psiholingvistička istraživanja, mogu li vas zamoliti da razmislite o učešću u jednom takvom istraživanju koje radim u sklopu doktorskog studija na Univerzitetu u Aucklandu?

Istraživanje je namijenjeno prevodiocima koji prevode s bosanskog, hrvatskog, srpskog na engleski jezik. Cilj je napraviti prevodne norme za engleski i naše jezike (ili barem početi s izradom normi i olakšati posao drugim istraživači
... See more
Drage kolege,

ako imate 8-10 minuta i zanimljiva su vam psiholingvistička istraživanja, mogu li vas zamoliti da razmislite o učešću u jednom takvom istraživanju koje radim u sklopu doktorskog studija na Univerzitetu u Aucklandu?

Istraživanje je namijenjeno prevodiocima koji prevode s bosanskog, hrvatskog, srpskog na engleski jezik. Cilj je napraviti prevodne norme za engleski i naše jezike (ili barem početi s izradom normi i olakšati posao drugim istraživačima u našem polju).

Ako želite vidjeti o čemu se radi (tl;dr usmeno prevođenje pojedinačnih riječi), link je dostupan svima: https://zz0lypgv8f.cognition.run

Učešće je ograničeno na 30 prevodilaca, a 4 učesnika će dobiti vaučer od 50 KM za CM (Cosmetic Market). Učešće u izvlačenju je opcionalno - istraživanje možete uraditi i anonimno.

Hvala vam!

Tamara
Collapse

Paula Gordon
Paula Gordon  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:37
Bosnian to English
+ ...
Is the study open to non-ProZ translators and interpreters? Jun 7

Hi, Tamara,
If you have not yet received all the replies you need, may I share this with colleagues who are not likely to see it on ProZ?

Also I have a question -- you mention this is for translators into English, but I followed the link and it wants me to translate words from English into Bosnian. Is this intentional? I ask because my road to learning Bosnian and becoming a translator as an adult was rather unconventional and I wouldn't want anyone to create a standard from m
... See more
Hi, Tamara,
If you have not yet received all the replies you need, may I share this with colleagues who are not likely to see it on ProZ?

Also I have a question -- you mention this is for translators into English, but I followed the link and it wants me to translate words from English into Bosnian. Is this intentional? I ask because my road to learning Bosnian and becoming a translator as an adult was rather unconventional and I wouldn't want anyone to create a standard from my choices!

Maybe another criterium should be Bosnian as one's first language or similar?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Paula

Paula Gordon
doing business as Plan B, Wilmington, Delaware
Copyeditor and Translator, Bosnian, Croatian, Montenegrin, and Serbian into English
Collapse

Paula Gordon
Paula Gordon  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:37
Bosnian to English
+ ...
First question stands, I see the answer to the second one Jun 7

Hi again, Tamara,
I just downloaded the information sheet and have the answer to my second question. The survey is not directed at me. Still I can pass the invitation along if that would be helpful.

Best,

Paula

Tamara Butigan
Tamara Butigan
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 14:37
English to Bosnian
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification of criteria for participation Jun 8

Hi, Paula!
Thanks for drawing my attention to this issue of native language as a criterion. Since you work with the bs-en language pair, your participation would be most welcome and appreciated (you can just select the 'other' option in the native language question).
Your perspective won't skew the results - I will be very valuable for this research.

I'd be really grateful if you could share this with others who you think may be interested.

Thanks again f
... See more
Hi, Paula!
Thanks for drawing my attention to this issue of native language as a criterion. Since you work with the bs-en language pair, your participation would be most welcome and appreciated (you can just select the 'other' option in the native language question).
Your perspective won't skew the results - I will be very valuable for this research.

I'd be really grateful if you could share this with others who you think may be interested.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my post and for your willingness to contribute!

Best,

Tamara
Collapse

Paula Gordon

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Istraživanje za prevodioce (en-bs)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »