Thread poster: Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:53
English to German
+ ...
May 22

I'm not here much anymore but I do scan what's going on sometimes, and let me just say,
the way this thing is going, where in the world is any support for translators here?
Seriously, the job board is full of MTPE jobs for peanuts, and now we have AI being supported here too.
Internet assessor jobs, what in the world?

It really seems things have reached the bottom. I'm sorry but this isn't professional in any sense of the word as far as I'm concerned.
Side n
... See more
I'm not here much anymore but I do scan what's going on sometimes, and let me just say,
the way this thing is going, where in the world is any support for translators here?
Seriously, the job board is full of MTPE jobs for peanuts, and now we have AI being supported here too.
Internet assessor jobs, what in the world?

It really seems things have reached the bottom. I'm sorry but this isn't professional in any sense of the word as far as I'm concerned.
Side note to staff: Please, don't tell me you're not involved in rates and the jobs you're so fervently post on this website.
You call yourselves ProZ dot com, as in ProfessionalZ, right? Where are they? Certainly not on the job board. Because I'd expect that from a site like yours, yes, that the posters are professional too. My 2 Cents.

Add-on: I forgot, now I never got much out of being here. I hope my KudoZ contributions are valued BTW. But what I forgot to say really is that it wasn't my experience that those people that contacted me through the directory were any more professional. With just one or two exceptions. When the ProZ dot com shop window (=job board) looks cheap, you expect cheap prices when you enter through the side door too. 2 more of my Cents.

[Edited at 2024-05-22 17:40 GMT]
Collapse

Christopher Schröder
Becca Resnik
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Christel Zipfel
Rachel Waddington
ahartje
Andriy Yasharov

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:53
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
True professional translation jobs... May 22

...aren't posted anywhere. Either they find you (e.g. here on proz) or you are part of a network of buddies who know each other from University. The latter doesn't automatically stand for good prices or outstanding quality. I believe that the people from proz.com have to struggle too to have their business work. And it is nothing else but a business they run. Nothing wrong with it, but they should run it more properly and there is still space for improvement.

writeaway

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MTPE and now AI, and agencies drop to the bottom rate on here

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »