updates to existing translation
Thread poster: czechchick
czechchick
czechchick
English
Oct 5, 2007

I am looking to find out whether the following translated copy in Serbian would be perfectly acceptable for residents of Montenegro as well, or whether you would recommend a transcription into latin alphabet:
Sample:
У случају гутања
• Одмах назовите центар за помоћ код отровања или лекара за савет.
• Нека вам неко помогне да попијете чашу воде ако может�
... See more
I am looking to find out whether the following translated copy in Serbian would be perfectly acceptable for residents of Montenegro as well, or whether you would recommend a transcription into latin alphabet:
Sample:
У случају гутања
• Одмах назовите центар за помоћ код отровања или лекара за савет.
• Нека вам неко помогне да попијете чашу воде ако можете да гутате.
• Не изазивајте повраћање ако вам то није саветовао центар за помоћ код отровања или лекар.
• Не стављајте ништа у уста унесрећеном у несвести.
Док зовете центар за помоћ код отровања или лекара или кад идете по хитну помоћ, имајте код себе кутију или налепницу производа.

Thank you all in advance for your input.
Collapse

Ana SIERRA VINUESA
Ana SIERRA VINUESA
Spain
Local time: 22:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Complex topic Oct 6, 2007

Hi, it is complex to answer you that. Maybe some serbians or montenegrins will inform you better than me. First time I went to Podgorica ten years ago, some of my relatives insisted me to learn serbian first on cirillic and after on latin alphabet. Now, after referendum and nationalism going up they said me to forget cirillic alphabet.... so, I supose it will depends , as always, to who is going this translation....
pozdrav¡¡
Ana

[Edited at 2007-10-06 09:08]

Natasa Grubor
Natasa Grubor  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Serbian
+ ...
Not perfect Oct 7, 2007

It is good, but not perfect. While in Serbia people speak ekavian varian, in Montenegro they speak "ijekavian". Therefore "lekara" would be "ljekara", or "savetovati" would be "savjetovati",....
Nataša

Dragomir Kovacevic (X)
Dragomir Kovacevic (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
not good at all, sorry Oct 8, 2007

As Nataša said, I'd add that the translation "per se" is not fluent. There's also a mistake with the word "otrovanja", and a heaviness in expression.

czechchick wrote:

D

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

updates to existing translation

Translation news in Serbia

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »